How to Transfer Android to iPhone After Setup Easily
Are you ready to switch from Android to iOS? Don’t know how to move all the data from the old Samsung to the new iPhone? If you are new to iPhone after getting iPhone 14/13/12/11 or before, you forget to switch important data from Android during the setup. Don’t worry. In this article, you will learn 4 best ways to easily transfer data from your Android device to iPhone after setup, like photos, videos, music, notes, texts, contacts, apps, etc. Read and select a solution for you here.
- Part 1. How to Move Data from Android to iPhone After Setup with Move to iOS
- Part 2. How to Switch Data from Android to iPhone After Setup via iTunes
- Part 3. How to Share Android Data to iPhone After Setup Using Gmail
- Part 4. How to Send Data from Android to iPhone After Setup Without Backup
- Part 5. FAQs about Backing up Android to iPhone After Setup
Part 1. How to Move Data from Android to iPhone After Setup with Move to iOS
Apple has developed an application, the Move to iOS app, that allows you to transfer data and files from Android to iPhone when setting up a new iPhone. If you have set up your iPhone and need to transfer files from your old Android to iPhone, you must erase your iPhone before using the app. But you need to note that erasing your iPhone means you will lose all contents and settings on the new iPhone. After confirming, you can follow the steps.
- Find and open the Settings app on your iPhone, find General, and enter the Transfer or Reset iPhone tab. And then, you can tap Erase All Content and Settings. During this time, you need to enter your device passcode to confirm that you want to erase your iPhone again. Wait for a few minutes. All the data and file on your iPhone will be completely erased.
- After erasing iPhone, you will see a Hello screen. You need to follow the onscreen instructions and tap the Set Up Manually option on the Quick Start screen. Next, tap Move Data from Android on the Apps & Data screen.
- Find and download the Move to iOS app from the Google Play store. Open this app on your Android device.
- Once the Move from Android screen appears on iPhone, you need to tap Continue and wait for a six-digit code to appear. And then enter this code on your Android device.
- After the iPhone makes a Wi-Fi network, you will be asked to tap the Connect button to join the network on your Android phone. Next, wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear. And then, choose the data you want to back up from Android and tap Continue.
- Finally, wait for the transfer process. After the loading bar finishes, you can tap Done on Android and Continue on iPhone. Finally, follow the onscreen steps to finish setup for your new iPhone.
Tips: The Move to iOS app allows you to switch data from Android to iPhone for free. However, it is very complex and unsafe. If you want safer and easier way, read the following part to do Android to iOS transfer without erasing your iPhone.
Part 2. How to Switch Data from Android to iPhone After Setup via iTunes
After setting up an Apple phone, most users don’t like to erase the iPhone. Then iTunes is another option. It enables you to back up data, such as music, videos, and photos, from your Android phone to the iPhone through your computer. If you have installed iTunes on your computer, the following steps can help you.
- Connect the Android phone to the PC via USB. You can create a new file folder on the desktop. Now, import the music, photos, and videos from the Android phone to the folder by dragging the files.
- You can connect your new iPhone to your PC via USB after copying. It will detect your iPhone and ask you to tap Trust and enter screen passcode to confirm you iPhone data will be detect by the computer.
- Open iTunes on the computer. You need to click the Device icon near the top left of the iTunes window. And then, you will enter the Summary tab. You can make other settings like Music, Movies, TV Shows, Photos, Info, and File Sharing tab on the left panel of the Settings.
For example, you can choose the Photos tab and upload file folder you stored from Android on desktop by clicking File and select Add File to Library on the top left toolbar. Upload your video and music to iTunes through the same process.
- After uploading, you can click the Apply button in the bottom right corner of the window. Wait for a moment, you can view the photos or video in the Photos app, play music in the Apple Music app on iPhone.
Tips: iTunes only supports transferring media file like music, videos, and photos, it cannot share your contacts, message, mail, calendar, etc. from Android to iOS device. And it may overwrite your local files like music on iPhone.
Part 3. How to Share Android Data to iPhone After Setup Using Gmail
If you want to find a way to back up mail, contacts, and calendar from Android to iPhone after setup without a computer, using Gmail is the quickest way. If the network connection is stable, follow the steps below after sending your Android files to your Gmail account.
- Open Settings and enter Account on your Android phone. Tap Accounts and backup and then tap the Backup and restore option. Next, enable Gmail and the sync feature. In addition, you can also turn on Contacts and Calendars. After setting, tap the Sync Now. Then wait for minutes, and your data from Android phone will be synced to Google Drive.
- Open Settings on iPhone and choose the Mail app. Select Accounts, and then tap Add Account. Next, you need to sign in with the same Gmail account and tap Next.
- Now, you can enable the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars options on Gmail. Finally, tap Save in the top right corner to sync the data to the iPhone after setup.
Tips: Gmail is unsuitable for transferring media files such as photos, videos, and music. The larger the file size, the more time it will take.
Part 4. How to Send Data from Android to iPhone After Setup in One Click
If you want to batch transfer from Android to iPhone without complex operation, you can try the professional data transfer software on your computer, Apeaksoft MobieTrans. This transfer tool allows you to selectively transfer phone photos, contacts, music, videos to iPhone after setup without backup or the hassle of erasing original data.
It can help you sync all the data with 1 click within a few minutes. Meanwhile, it also allows you to manage files efficiently, like add, delete, rename your files, and de-duplicate phone data on your PC. Here are the detailed steps for you.
- Download MobieTrans on your computer. Then, install and open the software.
- Connect your Android phone and iPhone to the computer via USB cables simultaneously. Choose your Android phone from the top window to make it the source device.
- On the left panel of the screen, you can view the Home, Photos, Music, Videos, Contacts, Messages, and Toolbox tabs. Click any tab like Photos and select the content you want to sync to iPhone from specific folders. Choose the data, like photos, individually or tick the Check All box.
- After selecting, you can click the Export to Device icon on the top toolbar and set the new iPhone as the target device. Now, your iPhone starts receiving the data like photos. Once the transferred screen successfully appears, you will see all the backup data on your iPhone.
Tips: Transferring photos from android to iPhone after setup is just one choice. If you want to further sync your contacts from Android to iOS, you can read about how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone after setup with MobieTrans.
Part 5. FAQs about Backing up Android to iPhone After Setup
- Why is my Move to iOS not working?
Move to iOS not working on Android may be related to the poor Internet connection. In addition, insufficient storage may also be one of the reasons.
- Is it hard to switch from Android to iPhone?
No. It is simple with proper ways and tools. You can use Move to iOS app, iTunes, Gmail, or professional data transfer tool like Apeaksoft MobieTrans to help you switch Android data to your iPhone.
- Can I transfer apps from Android to iPhone after setup directly?
No. All apps are not supported for transfer and use in Android and iOS systems. You can only download the same app from Apple store if the app offers different Android and iPhone versions.
You can transfer Android data to iPhone after setup according to your different needs through the above 4 methods. Whether it’s a paid or free solution, you can choose from all of them. Now, get your file switch started. If you have other questions when using it, leave your comments in this article!